Saturday, October 27, 2012

Make a Difference

In 1990, this day was set up
as a way to recognise
the millions of people who volunteer…
people who help others…
people who make the lives
of other people much easier,
often by doing little things.
It doesn’t matter what you do today,
 so long as you do something
 to help someone out.
If you are a little lost for ideas…
I have a few:
wash my car (or someone else’s!)
weed my garden (or someone else’s!)
plant my next season’s seedlings
(or someone else’s!)
climb on my roof
and remove the sticks and leaves
 and fix the gutter guard
(or do this for someone else!)
write my hundreds of report comments
(or help someone else do theirs!)
clean my house (or someone else’s!).
You might have bigger plans -
cook a dinner for someone
who won’t expect it,
paint someone’s house
or fix a broken gate…
Just make a difference…
and you’ll feel great
for having helped someone out!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Snofridandbeyond said...

Might just be my imagination, but that list looks very similar to your 'to do' list from the holidays...!