Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lights Changing

Change a Light Day
Really?
Change a Light DAY?
Ok… here goes nothin’…
 
 
Right…
today was created to encourage
 us to change our light bulbs
 from the older,
conventional light bulbs…
to the newer,
more energy efficient bulbs.
Too easy.

 
I do remember when my light bulbs
 were changed over
to the newer, greener bulbs…
A guy was being paid to go
 to people’s homes and change
 the bulbs for them…
That was his job, at the time…
So, I let him come to my house,
step up on a foot stool
 and change all
 the light bulbs in my place.
 I felt like such a hopeless girl!
I was cringing at the possibility
 that he thought I didn’t know
 how to change a light bulb!
 I was so ashamed!
But, before long,
the bulbs had been changed,
the old bulbs were taken away,
the footstool was packed up
and I was left with
new light bulbs…
If you haven’t already gotten
the energy efficient bulbs,
today would be the perfect time
to put some in!
(And, if it’s too tricky…
call someone in to do it for you…
like I did!)
Wikipedia pictures from here.
 
 

No comments: