Saturday, October 13, 2012

How? and Why?


International Skeptics Day

(But… is this the right date?)
To further encourage people to be
 more sceptic today,
the creators of this day
were a little unspecific about
the actual day to celebrate.
 There are three choices:
October 13th, January 13th
or the first Friday 13th
of the year.

So, what is a sceptic?
A non-believer…
They doubt facts and theories.
They are not sheep,
who blindly follow along
and accept everything
they see and hear…
they question.
They doubt.
They’re sceptic.
(Sceptic is a funny word to say!)

I guess,
the Cow is not very sceptic…
how many ridiculously crazy days
get written about by the Cow?
Days I laugh at,
but blog about anyway!
But… in my defence…
I usually check out about four pages
(unless the page looks super official!)
before coming up with my information!
Just believing one page
 is seldom enough…
I want more proof!
I want more evidence!
Is that not being sceptic?
And… you’ll notice (perhaps)
that while today is
International Skeptics Day
I have constantly used a C,
 not a K to spell sceptic.
 (Again, three dictionary sources
 before I accepted that the C
is the Australian version
of the spelling!)
 So, while I am willing to accept
strange and weird information,
I still remain a sceptic
to my very bones!

Some ideas to ponder and
be sceptic or skeptic about today:
Did they really go to the moon
and if so, why has this
never been done again,
given the immensely significant
improvements to technology?
This should be a walk in the park
(or a walk in space)
for our astronauts now!

Are there extra-terrestrial beings?
Has anyone really been abducted?

Is eating an apple a day
 really that good for you?

Do vampires really exist?

And, is the Cow a credible source?

You tell me!

No comments: