Friday, October 19, 2012

Evaluate Your Life Day


Evaluate Your Life Day

No pressure here!
Are you good enough?
Are you doing
what you should be doing?
Have things worked out
according to plan?
How would you feel if you
were at your school reunion today?
 Would you have to lie
about impressive things
you could have done,
just to impress a bunch of people
 you no longer even know?
Or, could you smile with a deep belief
 that you are just fine…
everything is on track
and you feel good about who
 you are and how things turned out?
 Today, I’m sitting
beside an open window,
blue sky shining in at me,
flowers blowing gently in the breeze…
and I feel pretty good.
I’d give myself a big,
green tick of approval –
if I was evaluating my life today.
If your evaluation
didn’t quite come up so well,
maybe you should create
a bucket list of goals.
(Bucket List is a real,
dictionary-included word now!)

No comments: