Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Can You Appreciate a Virus?


October 3rd is a busy day!
There is so much to choose from…  
Techies Day,
Virus Appreciation Day or
Balloons Around The World Day.
Of course, I am most intrigued
by Virus Appreciation Day…

Virus Day – sure,
I could work with that…
But, Appreciation?

The form of Virus being appreciated
today is the computer kind.
And yet, I do not feel appreciative!
 I do breathe a quiet sigh of relief
 each time my internet protection’s
 monthly report tells me
I am still safe from nasty viruses.
  Not long ago, I was sitting here,
calmly cruising the internet,
checking in on different sites –
 when…
it all went wrong!
Things started flashing
 on the screen…
 there was a lot of red…
flashing red!
There were pages shutting down
 and pages opening…
 My head started spinning
with the sudden chaos.
I could imagine sirens
screaming around me…
My computer had caught a cold…
 it had a virus…
It shut down
and resorted to a coma-like state.
 I couldn’t revive it!
Nothing would bring it back!
There was nothing I could do,
 but take my computer
to the doctor.
 A week later,
I reunited with my computer,
 but our relationship
was never the same…
 the computer never returned
to its pre-virus state.
I find it difficult
to Appreciate Viruses –
today or any other day!

It only took a few seconds
of googling
before I realised that
Techies Day and
Virus Appreciation Day
are actually linked!
The techies are the ones
who fix the computers,
install the products and generally
keep them working.
At work, it’s important
to be friendly with the techies!
 You just never know
when things will suddenly fall apart
 and you have to get down
on your knees
and crawl to the techies!

I’m very happy to celebrate
Techies Day –
thanks Techies!

If I was clever enough,
I’d turn balloons into a
bunch of computers and I’d
have all three days covered!

 

No comments: