Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Abracadabra


Magic Day

I’m feeling cynical today…
so I’m admitting I’ve never been
especially impressed by magic.
That coin that suddenly appears
when someone reaches behind your ear.
 Yeah, sure…
I wouldn’t have felt a coin
sitting behind my ear!

What I most dislike about magic…
is the frustration!
I want to know how the tricks are done!
 I want to know the trick!
 But, my mind
is not a trick-learning mind
and I struggle to understand,
or even see, the trick!
I hate not knowing something!
I hate it even more
when people around me all get it
and I am still left wondering,
puzzled and increasingly frustrated
 and annoyed.
How could I possibly enjoy magic
with these negative vibes all around me?
 If you like magic –
today is your day…
pull flowers from your sleeve,
pull rabbits from hats
and collect coins from people’s ears!

(I do like trick where the ladies
change clothes
behind a flowing sheet of fabric…
but, again…
the frustration!
How??!)

 

No comments: