Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sweet Cherry Pie


Today sounds like
another eating day…
another dessert day…
but, I’m a little unsure
of just what it is
 I am supposed to be eating.
  Cherry Cobbler… 


I figured it’s an American dessert –
and I am right!
(so smart!)
But, what else –
and don’t say “it has cherries”! 
OK… it’s a deep dish pie.
  It has a thick upper crust,
made from scones
and is filled with…
…cherries! 
While it is cooking,
 the fruit often simmers up
and breaks through cracks
 in the scone pastry. 
The juices caramelise,
 which covers the cobbler
 in a sweet syrup. 
 It sounds like
it would be great
on a wintery night,
smothered in melting ice-cream.

Today would be a good day
 for me to cook
my first cobbler!

Other cobblers would be
    filled with other fruits.    

Information from here.

Photo from Andrea’s Recipes.



No comments: