Sunday, April 1, 2012

This is no Fool


While it is April Fool's Day,
I'm not trying to fool anyone! 
 Today's Crazy Day
is a genuine day.
International Tatting Day 
Initially, I thought that this
 was a day to head off to
 the local tattoo parlour
for a layer of ink...
but, no. 
Today is a much gentler day...
It’s a day for needles, though...
Lace making needles! 

Tatting is the art of making lace.
  It seems that lace
is mostly made from tying knots
 and making loops. 
I have to agree –
 when I think of the doilies
that used to sit
 on my bedroom cupboard
while I was growing up. 
Tatting dates back
to the early 1800s. 
A quick search discovered hundreds
of patterns on-line...
so, off you go! 
Go make some lace!



Photos from here and here.

And watch out for practical jokes
 and way out stories! 
It is April Fool's Day...

No comments: