Friday, April 20, 2012

Please, Show Your Respect...

Lima Bean Respect Day
Please, bow your head...
Respect for the bean! 
Lima beans are better known
to me as Butter Beans. 

I was reading a page
about the health benefits
 of these beans...
suffice to say –
they are beans...
they are good for you.
  I thought of this: 
“Beans, beans are good
 for your heart. 
Beans, beans make you fart. 
 The more you fart,
they better you feel,
so baked beans
for every meal!”

I was happy
when I stumbled
across this heading:
“Sensitive to Sulfites? 
 I may be wrong,
but don't people not drink wine
 because of sulphites? 
Well, listen up! 
 Lima beans are
an excellent source of
molybdenum...
this is an important component
of the enzyme sulphite oxidase
 – and it is this
which detoxifies sulphites...

 Huh? 
(Technical version is here)
Ok, eat lima beans =
drink wine – no headache! 
Cheers!

Photos from here and here.

1 comment:

snofrid said...

Best get eating those beans lifeisbetter!