Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rub it Out

I typed “rubbers”
into my Google Images search...
 with trepidation
and a little fear. 


For no reason! 
Today is Rubber/Eraser Day.


I remember,
“when I was young”,
how cool rubbers were. 
 There were so many colours
and sizes and types. 
 Some even smelled nicely,
 though few did a good job
 of rubbing out your work...


But, then again,
you couldn’t use
any of the rubbers
in your rubber collection! 
They were too good!


Imagine how much bragging power
you would have
if these rubbers
were in your rubber collection! 


 (I do remember being separated
from a friend in Year Four
 because we had built a house
for our (very plain and boring)
rubbers! 



Today’s a day for me
to re-live a time
 from my childhood!
 Photos from here,
here and here.


No comments: