Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pick It And Eat It


Eat A Red Apple Day

I’m guessing this is
an American celebration day
 because here in Australia,
it’s the first day
 of summer today!
Red apples are best in winter
– so I can’t bring myself
to eat a red apple today… I
 have to go
with a summery option –
to celebrate the new season.
I stayed
with the red colour theme…
I stayed with a fruit… 
Instead of fully embracing
Eat A Red Apple Day,
I might rebel a little…
In fact, I may rebel
so much as to declare today
 a different day altogether!
Henceforth, T
he Cow declares today
to be Eat a Berry Day.
I have celebrated this day
wholeheartedly already!
Something I love about summer,
is my daily
punnet-full serving of berries,
fresh from the garden.
Delicious!
Happy Red Apple/Berry Day!

No comments: