Thursday, December 13, 2012

Clip On


13th December…

Today, in 1928,
the clip on tie was invented!
The clip on tie
is not something I think of
 very often, but I suppose…
it is an important invention…
for some people.
It seems that the person
who invented remains a secret –
though I am sure
there would be several people
 who would happily claim
to have invented
the clip on tie!
While you may think
the clip on tie i
s a poor excuse for a tie,
 some people use clip ons
 all the time.
I didn’t know this – no,
actually…
I’d never even considered this!
 I didn’t think I really cared,
 but I did find the reason
 interesting enough
to write about it.
It seems that some people
 are required to wear
a clip on tie to work…
required! Huh!
 
 
The fact that the clip on
 can easily be pulled off
is actually a benefit!
Think of a paramedic –
being grabbed
by a desperate patient,
or a police officer
being wrestled by a drunken person…
 It would be good
if their tie just fell away. 
Makes sense!
I had just never
thought about it.
 
 Happy Clip on Tie anniversary!

No comments: