Thursday, September 13, 2012

R U OK?

Today is R U OK? Day
I have posted about this day before.
This is a wonderful day,
where people start reaching out
 and asking the people they care about
 whether they are ok…
I checked out the R U Ok? Webpages
 and one link caught my eye…
How to say “I’m not ok’.
I remember the day
my baby nephew’s liver cancer
was officially diagnosed.
I was at my local shops,
buying things I can
no longer remember. 
 I do remember the check-out lady
 asking me whether I had
 had a good day.
I looked her in the eye,
smiled and said… yes.
I lied. I
 cried later.
It was not a good day…
but, I wasn’t strong enough
to admit it to the lady who’d asked.
 (I’m Ok now – I promise!)
 
Since then, I’ve wondered
just how difficult it might be
 to ask for help
when you need it.
On R U OK? Day,
I’m standing up to tell you
(if you are not ok)
to reach out for help.
It may be the hardest thing
you have to do,
but it may be the thing
that turns your life around.
So many people are waiting
on the other end of
anonymous phone calls,
ready to listen and help.
Call Lifeline - 13 11 14
Call RUOK? - 1800 RUOKDAY (7865329)
Call the Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 794 991
The Cow hopes you’re ok!
 

 

No comments: