Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cheesy?

Cheeseburger Day
My sister is probably jumping
in little circles,
clapping her hands in glee!
She’s craving cheeseburgers
at the moment and will surely
celebrate this day
with great enthusiasm!
 
Some history, perhaps…
Back in the 11th century,
the Mongols carried around
flat patties of meat
when they travelled.
Arriving in Hamburg (Germany)
with their meat patties,
the idea was quickly embraced…
The guys from Hamburg
took this novel idea
to New York – and suddenly,
we have a hamburger!
Supposedly, the hamburger bun
was invented in 1916…
but meat in bread had been
 around for ages before then!
(Everyone wants to claim
bragging rights to the hamburger,
 it would seem! 
Ok, not everyone,
but five guys all claim
to have created the hamburger!
 Personally, The Cow
doesn’t really care.
Shocking, I know!) 
Regardless of who invented
what when, it is
Cheeseburger Day,
so – as long as
you have a hamburger…
with slightly melted cheese on it…
 juices and sauces
dripping down your hands
and between your fingers…
crunchy chips on the side…
so long as you celebrate
Cheeseburger Day,
you can go to bed happy tonight!
(In case I don’t get
to eat mine,
perhaps my sister
could eat one for me??)
 
 

1 comment:

snofrid said...

I was so cranky at the Drs and then so tired, that I missed the day!! I'm very disappointed in myself!