Monday, September 24, 2012

A Cherry On Top

Cherries Jubilee Day
 
 
I’m not sure about this one.
Cherries, straight from the bowl
on a summer’s day – I like!
Cherries in a can…
cherries glazed…
cherries processed in any way –
 I don’t like.
 
Cherries Jubilee Day
makes me think of a pie…
 filled with soft, mooshy cherries.
Let’s check…
Pretty much - it's a
cherries in a can,
cooked with stuff ... sauce.
It all started at the
Golden Jubilee in 1887.
(Or 1897 – no one’s sure!)
French chef Auguste Escoffie
was cooking for Queen Victoria.
 The queen loved his dessert
and it quickly became a huge hit…
cherry jubilee.
So, what do you need
to make a dessert fit for a queen?
A can of cherries, sugar, cornstarch,
brandy and icecream.
 
While the can of cherries bit
has me ready to look for
 a different dessert,
I am secretly pleased
about the cooking process…
You do stuff and mix stuff and then…
You ignite the sauce!
Ignite it!
You know you want to!
 
 

No comments: