Saturday, March 10, 2012

Popover

It seems to have been a while
 since a food got a day
all to itself. 
Today changes that. 
Blueberry Popover Day. 
Again, I have no idea
what a popover is...
(Sounds a little “dotty” to me!) 


It seems that:
popovers are unpredictable
– but delicious. 
They are not that pretty
 to look at.  Apparently,
they are a distant relative
 – in whatever way food
can be related –
to the Yorkshire Pudding
(which puts me
right back to square one!). 
 So, throw some butter,
jam, jellies and honey together
(with flour, sugar and eggs). 
Popovers use steam
to make the ingredients rise...
which later fall in
on themselves
in an ugly pile. 


After all of that,
 I still feel a little
 in the dark
as to what a popover
actually is. 
Maybe I need to eat one
 to really understand!
Photos from here and here.

No comments: