Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dentist = More Fun?

Smile
It’s Dentist Day...

Ok, run,
screaming
from the computer instead
– It’s Dentist Day!   
I have had many teeth
taken from my mouth...
about 8, I think. 
I’ve had orthodontists
push their gloved hands
into my small mouth,
screw pieces of wire
here and there,
tightening this wire
and that one...
I’ve had putty
forcefully pushed up into my teeth
to create moulds
and I’ve had needles.
Lots of needles. 
I especially hate those needles
 that are pushed
into your upper gums –
leaving me wondering
when the needle
 will suddenly pop out
through my eyeball.

But, I can go to the dentist. 
 I can have things fixed. 
I also live in a country
 with fluoridated water. 
 I am lucky to have
a mouthful of good teeth.
Not everyone’s so lucky.


I am willing to share
my dentist appointments
with them –
especially the needles!

Fun Fact: 
The Thai word
for dentist is more-fun.
Photos from here, here and here.

No comments: