Monday, March 5, 2012

Personality Crisis

Multiple Personality Day
(Imagine a world
where you never had control
 over who you would be each day.
  Imagine living with someone
 suffering through that...)
A poem:
Today my name is Martin,
Today my name is Frank.
Tomorrow I'll be someone else,
I think I might be Hank.

Who will I be on Monday?
Who will I be next week?
I never quite know who I'll be,
My mind is very weak.

Today my name is Mickey,
Today my name is Bob.
I've endless personalities,
This is my full time job.

I don’t know who my parents are,
I don’t know who to phone.
No one wants to be with me,
I'm completely on my own.

And then, there's Karen:
Karen Overhill has multiple personalities,
 each created after
being abused by her father
and grandfather. 
One of her personalities
drew a picture,
showing all of the personalities. 
This is it:

 Read Karen’s story here.

No comments: