Friday, November 2, 2012

What An Act


School Performances

I’m glad to be at home,
with today packed away…
stamped with success.
A bunch of 9 and 10 year olds
performed for the school
and their parents, today.
 I’m a bit of a wallflower –
like to hide away
and let things pass over me.
So, come my assembly performance day,
 you will not find me
sitting in front of my class,
drawing attention to myself.
I’ll be the one hiding
at the side of the hall…
Well, actually, today…
I was the one hiding
to the side of the stage.
The kids wanted me there…
just in case.
And their performance?
They rocked it!
They acted out a picture book-
which I chose for them.
The rest, they did themselves.
They auditioned for parts.
They selected the actors for each part.
They arranged everything –
the painting, the costumes, the props.
They acted so well.
Their voices were loud and in character.
Their stomping and yelling were appreciated
and they delivered their lines flawlessly.
 It all went very smoothly.
 Their parents loved it –
and were impressed
with the newly uncovered talents
 in their children.
And the kids…
they knew they had done all the work…
they knew they were fantastic.
They knew they rocked it.
The kids were so proud.  

After everything…
that’s what matters most.­­

No comments: