Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Stress Awareness Day

 
Stress Awareness Day
 


 
Lately, I’ve had some stress.
I’ve had a little more sweat –
 and I think I could actually smell
 the fear in my sweat. I
 had stomach rumblings
and felt hesitation
at having to leave
the safety of my car.
I’ve avoided eye contact,
yet the whole time
have been darting my eyes
 to check that I’m safe.
That’s stress.
I’m aware of it.
I don’t like it.
I’m done being aware of it now!
 
A little stress is a good thing –
research shows us this.
But, too much stress…
unhealthy.
So, recognise the stress
and do whatever it takes
to get yourself
out of the stressful situation.
 
Perhaps, you could celebrate
today’s other Crazy Day:
Tongue Twister Day
Get your tongue around these:
Which wristwatches
are Swiss wristwatches? 
 
Many an anemone
sees an enemy anemone.
A tutor who tooted the flute
tried to tutor two tooters to toot.
Said the two to their tutor:
"Is it harder to toot,
Or to tutor two tooters to toot?"
The sixth sick sheik's
sixth sheep's sick.
 
I give up! 
 


1 comment:

snofrid said...

Ah.... Stress.... How life would be different without it!