Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sundaes on Saturday

I’m gutted.
I just pulled out a different calendar
– one I had placed in a strategic place...
a trip hazard,
ensuring that I would find a place
to hang the calendar...
so I could see what was happening
each day.
(Over the years,
I have become very adept
at stepping over trip hazards!)
As I turned the calendar from
January to February,
today’s date jumped out at me....
and written in today’s little box:
Eat Ice-cream for Breakfast Day.
What!
I missed it!
I missed the perfect excuse
to head out to the freezer,
pull out the tub of ice-cream
and have some for breakfast!
Oh well... maybe next year.

(Here’s the background story on Ice-cream for Breakfast Day: Two kids, Ruth and Joe, grew up in a remote area of America.  Winters were freezing and life was very boring.  Their creative parents created a day to brighten up the wintery days.  They declared the first Saturday of February to be Ice-cream for Breakfast day.  After the kids grew up and moved away, they told people – who told people, who told other people...)
   

No comments: