Monday, February 27, 2012

Polar Bears Get A Day


Over time, I have gathered
 a bunch of random
and highly interesting facts
about animals. 


The more I learn,
the more I become interested
 in the animals
we share our world with. 
In the classroom,
anything to do with animals
 will grab the kids attention –
and keep their attention! 
This makes me love animals
 that little bit more!


I have trouble naming
a favourite animal... 
It’s a big call...
But, in my top few,
sits the polar bear. 
Today is
International Polar Bear Day.
So...     facts:
They have black fur...
and hairy feet...
and an excellent sense of smell...
and paws that are 30cm wide...



Their hairs are hollow...
they have 42 teeth...
and they curl into the snow
to wait out a blizzard. 
Unlike mine, their ten centimetres
of blubber is a good thing!
Polar bears are cool – no doubt
(they live in some of the
coldest places on earth –
and yet, can overheat!). 
Sad fact –
they are very much threatened
by global warming
and climate change.
Happy Polar Bear Day
Info, picture and more info


I love today’s celebrations
for another reason....
Today is also Kahlua Day! 


Drink Up!


No comments: