Sunday, February 5, 2012

New-tella

Today is a great day.
There’s a jar of nutty goodness
sitting in my cupboard.
I haven’t opened it...
I was waiting for today!
It’s Nutella Day

 Nutella came about in the 1940’s.  The world was suffering through a chocolate shortage – in the form of World War II.  Pietro Ferrero knew that the world needed chocolate and turned to hazelnuts – which were plentiful in the northwest of Italy... 
Some fun stuff – The daily production of Nutella is as heavy as three Statues of Liberty. (While I have never held the Statue of Liberty, I am convinced that three Statues would be very, very heavy!)
Every day, over 70 million hazelnuts are used in the production of Nutella.
If no one bought a jar of Nutella for a year, the jars could line up and wrap around the moon - four times!
Nutella is eaten in 75 countries – It must be good!
It is Nutella Day – Nutella must be eaten!
 

I’m off to watch my
become an

1 comment:

snofrid said...

Mmmm.... Nutella! Make sure you try it on white bread!