Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pished Nuts

Today is Pistachio Day.


I love pistachios. 
I love the green colour
the nuts sometimes have. 
I love the way you rip
the shells open with your fingers...
getting cuts and bruises
along the way. 




I love the salty flavour
of the shells – if you’re
in the mood to pop them
into your mouth
and suck out the salt.

I didn’t realise,
but 110 grams of pistachios
 will also provide me with 144%
of my daily copper requirements! 
I now know that copper
is highly essential for metabolism
and red blood cell synthesis. 
These little green shelled beauties
 are full of the goodness
 found in most nuts...
a great reason to start
adding them to my breakfast cereal!
While eating pistachios today,
 you might want to
tell a Fairy Tale, too. 
It’s Tell A Fairy Tale Day!
Once upon a time....


No comments: