Friday, October 7, 2011

Smiles!!

Harvey Ball
Know him?
The name wasn’t familiar to me...
... but I know his work!



In 1963
Harvey Ball created
the smiley face!
This image is one of the most
recognisable symbols of cheer
(and is how I sign all
of my notes at work!)
It seems that people
like me overused the symbol
 and Harvey thought
that the true meaning
of his smiley face symbol
had been lost. 
He created
He thought that
for one day in the year,
we could focus
on making others happy.
Smiley Face is a day
when we should make
others happy...
show kindness... 
show that we care.
World Smile Day started in 1999. 
This year, the theme was
the same as always:
“Do an act of kindness. 
Help one person smile.”
I wonder how many people
smiled today?
Each smile helps
to make the world
a happier place.
Happy Smile Day!


 

No comments: