Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10 000 steps

My pants got tight.
I can feel my belly.
The lounge chair has
my butt imprinted in it.
My exercise routine has
vanished and my diet
has switched from mostly healthy
to partly healthy...
It’s not good.
While I’m munching on junk,
lazing on my lounge –
the balloon man comes on TV.

He tells me that he’s become
a swapper....
that he’s getting more exercise
because he’s not just sitting...
I’d switch channels,
but I couldn’t be bothered
reaching for the remote...
Ok, ok...
It’s not quite that bad
But I do need to get back
into the healthy lifestyle bit...
So ten thousand...
 
In honour of the Cow’s
ten thousandth celebration
I will also reach 10 000...
Steps...
Every day.
The 10 000 steps idea
is to walk at least 10 000 steps a day. 
This is the same as walking
6 – 8 kilometres a day
(depending on the length
of your stride...
My stride’s pretty long,
so I’m saying I’ll be walking
8 kilometres a day!).
I have faith in stepping into exercise.
I’m a little stubborn...
I like to push myself (sometimes),
so I know that every day,
I will try to out-step myself.
I’ll be fit before I know it!

No comments: