Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Smile Day!

I still remember climbing the stairs

after a hot and sweaty day

and sitting on the mattress of my bed.

I was in Thailand.

My jaw and cheeks would be aching from smiling.

Smiling to say hello...

Smiling because I didn’t understand what was being said...

Smiling because I was covering boredom...

Smiling because if I didn’t smile,

the million questions would be more painful

than any stomach ache or unhappiness...

Now, my smile is often the first comment made about me.

I don’t even realise that I am smiling –

but there it is, a smile…

plastered across my face…

A habit from long ago…

I have come to realise that my smile has been helpful.

People smile at me a lot.

Sometimes, people let me cut into a line –

without me even asking.

People are happy to help me out.

I think that a big part of that is my smile.

It’s a real smile –

even if I don’t realise I am smiling.

I’m happy. I’m where I want to be.

Life’s good.

So tomorrow, April Fool’s Day

Is also National Smile Day…

Challenge:

How many people can you get to smile at you?

Give it a go…

Smile first and see who smiles back.

You never know,

you may brighten the life of someone

having a miserable time…

Just because you smiled!

World Smile Day does have a great reason for being.

Smile Day is a fundraising day

Raising cash for Clown Doctors.

(Think Patch Adams)

Clown doctors treat the worst of illnesses!

Funny Bone checks and Red Nose Transplants, to name a few!

Clown Doctors make the smallest of patients smile,

when nothing in their present life is worth smiling about.

Think of a small child…

Lying in a big hospital bed.

Maybe it’s a short visit –

Maybe its just another time in hospital.

Think of their parents, watching… helplessly

As their child struggles…

Imagine the difference a Clown Doctor must do!

Happy Smile Day!

Become involved to raise money Smile Day fun-raiser in 2008. Visit http://www.smileday.com.au

or phone 1300 HUMOUR (1300 486 687)

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/event/NSDayCloDoc

http://lifestylediscoveries.com/blog/health/humour-foundation-declares-smile-day/

No comments: