Saturday, March 26, 2011

Earth Hour

My lights are on and I’m wondering whether I should feel guilty…

It’s Earth Hour.

If I was “good” for the environment, my lights would be off. I think my laptop and television should be off, too. All are on. Electricity is being sapped up at my place at the moment.

The burning question –

Should I feel guilty?

For just an hour this year, I could be supportive and turn off my lights! One hour! That’s so little to ask for! I should be joining in and saving electricity!

I hang my head...

I soak in the guilt…

But, then – No!

I’m not sorry.

My daily electricity usage is very little.

Well below average.

I have a hot water pump – using the air to create my hot water. It only uses a tiny, tiny amount of electricity.

I have solar panels on my roof. They create more electricity than I use.

I have a garden and grow most of my food. This cuts down electricity, water and petrol usage! I have a water tank and use far less water than is deemed “average”.

I hardly eat meat.

I’m not joining in with Earth Hour this year – but I am living a very sustainable lifestyle… every day!

Maybe, instead of Earth Hour, we should all be living an Earthy Life.

1 comment:

Telela said...

You might be interested in this
http://eatatdixiebelles.blogspot.com/2011/03/earth-hour-2011.html