Saturday, March 5, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

It feels as though I am waking from a long slumber.
I can't remember when I last
spent time with the Hairy Cow.
Apologies to the Cow.
I'd like to say I was somewhere exciting...
somewhere interesting...
but, no.
Outside, I see the spiders have tangled their webs all over my deck.
Weeds have stretched up, reaching for the sun.
My garden - which was such a good provider over summer, has begun to crumple. Leaves are dying, vines are yellowing and fruit production is slowing.
I notice dirty windows and dusty floors.
The washing has piled up - but the day's dark clouds are threatening me... daring me... just hoping I'll be naive enough to hang up wet clothes.
The wind is picking up - I'd forgotten about windy season.
I'd like to say I've been busy...
but really...
I think I've just been lazy.
Apologies and earnest promises -
I'll be better!

No comments: