Tuesday, January 31, 2012

!yaD sdrawkcaB yppaH

January 31st is Backwards Day.
Truly... who thinks up these things?
Incredibly, after several minutes spent “Googling” Backwards Day, I was unable to find much information on this day of celebration.
I guess, sometimes... It’s fun just to do something and not worry about the whys and whos!
So... ideas...
Wear your clothes backwards... go on, I dare you!
Have breakfast for dinner and dinner for breakfast
Play a game – starting at the finish
Paint an upside down picture
Watch a move backwards
Read a book from the back page to the first page
Say the alphabet backwards
Sdrawkcab secnetnes etirw
Walk backwards along the beach
 

Another suggestion was to learn some palindromes.
(Think – A man a plan a canal Panama)
Palindromes read the same backwards or forwards!
Here are some palindromes I found while searching for the reason behind Backwards Day:
kayak
race car
never odd or even
do geese see God?
a Toyota
was it Eliot’s toilet I saw?
a nut for a jar of tuna
aerate pet area
Dennis sinned
Madame, not one man is selfless; I name not one, madam

I guess we may as well celebrate Backwards Day -
it's technically Forwards Day for the next 365 days!

2 comments: