Monday, May 23, 2011

A New Title

Six years ago,
something big happened...
It changed my life forever...
It gave me a new title...
new responsibilites...
and new ways to love life.
Six years ago,
a little girl came in to the world.


Six years ago, I became an aunty.
I knew it would be an adventure -
but I would never have guessed
how much fun I would have.
I remember one day -
this little girl had been away
for a couple of weeks. 
She was about three months old. 
I saw her again...
spoke my hellos
and she did an incredible thing.
Stumpy, little fingers reached out
and held my face.
Without words,
she told me she loved me...
she'd missed me.
What an incredible moment!

Being an aunty means I get to:
hide in cupboards
ride scooters
get hugs
slide down slippery dips
climb into cardboard box homes
give thousands of kisses
have grimy little fingers hold me
laugh at rediculous things
and be rediculous.
Being an aunty
may be the best thing I've done...
Happy Birthday, Choosey!

No comments: