Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In The Dark

There's an ad. on television
which shouts at how 
"electricity prices are through the roof".

Well, this week, I will only have a small bill.
It's got nothing to do with solar panels...
I've been home - so absence isn't the reason.
I've been frugal...
I've left the television off.
My lights have been off
and I've settled in with warm candle light.

Well...  I've been made to be frugal!
The power keeps shutting off.
It's happened a couple of times now!
Around half past five, for a couple of hours....
blackout!
Today, I thought I'd get in early -
just in case!
I had garden vegetables and
home made wontons in the pan...
cooking!
The water was just heating...
blackout!
Oh well....
might be a cheese and crackers night!

1 comment:

Snofrid and Beyond said...

Best to make it cheese, crackers and red wine night!