Wednesday, March 17, 2010

But wait... there's more!

There were several other opportunities for me to learn the graceful skills of Thai dance. We spent several afternoons in this school room, learning this dance. My host sister is closest to the front. The lady on the floor, clapping is the dance teacher. She was wonderful. After we had learned the dance, we dressed up and perormed in front of a large gathering of people. I was doing ok - keeping up and everything.... and then I noticed someone move to the front and aim a video camera at me. I became flustered and self-consious... and then - my candle blew out and everything fell apart. Hopefully, I was good enough that not too many people noticed!
Here's the hair do - it took hours to get it up in this style and days to get the knots out again!
Check out the make up in the last photo! I remember that after myfirst experience, I insisited that the make-up be reduced to one thick coating. (See picture above!) I also insisted that red was not a great colour on me. I learned this after giving them free range over me for the first dance (see picture below!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great mmories