Tuesday, June 5, 2012

But, Is It A Nest?


“Nest” as explained by Wikipedia
 (I know!  Wikipedia…
but I’m trusting it
for the moment…) 
 Nest = a place of refuge
(relevant)
to hold eggs or raise young…
 (Not so relevant,
but I am keeping my adult self
 safe, so good enough!)
They are usually made of leaves,
 twigs or grass…
(Surely blankets are a fine trade?)
 They can be in a depression
in the ground,
a hole in a tree,
rock or building…
(I figure there is a depression
 in the mattress
after I’ve been lying in it…
There is surely a depression
 in me when I have to
leave my “nest” on a
windy, rainy morning!)
Human-made materials may be used. 
 (They suggest string, plastic,
cloth, hair and paper…
I have metal, plastic
and cloth covered…
I’m sure there would be
plenty of stray hair,
should anyone go looking for it…
 and paper,
no doubt there would be
 a stray piece of paper
lying around somewhere! 
 I have the human-made
 materials covered!)

Nests can be found in many
different habitats,
including urban environments.
They can be built by birds,
mammals, fish, insects
and reptiles.
(I’m a mammal, so… check!)

Therefore, by Wikipedia’s definition,
 I will definitely be sleeping
in a nest tonight…
so long as the wind
 eases up enough
that I can actually fall asleep.
  I can’t even crank
the music up to drown out
 the gales…
I’m mid-blackout!

Thank goodness
for charged laptops!

No comments: