Thursday, November 24, 2011

Suits of Black and White


For weeks now, we've been drawing animals.
We've stuck pretty closely to realistic drawings...
But not for the Zebra!
We decided to have a little fun and add some character to the zebra - though some of the kids wanted to stick with their realistic representations.


We mostly used pencil
for these drawings.
The kids are starting to layer up their colours without any prompting from me.


 When they asked for help
with the feet...
they touched on a real
weakness of mine!


I helped them
as much as I could...
and then told them to
hide the feet in long grass! 
They liked that idea!


Someone drew a
giraffe-ish looking zebra -
and I am hoping that
this was deliberate...
quite cartoony,
but I have my doubts!


These were our
Artists of the Week.




2 comments:

s&b said...

It's a girabra!

The Hairy Cow said...

A giabra! I love it!