Friday, September 9, 2011

More Great News!


While I’m at it...
I might as well find good reasons
for eating chocolate
(the other reason I blame
for the unwanted weight gain!)
I found a few good reasons.
I was helped by these guys.
1.     Chocolate has theobromine...
It soothes coughs.
So – chocolate or cough medicine,
I know which I would prefer!
2.     Fighting cavities. (What!?!)
Apparently, theobromine
may strengthen teeth
better than flouride!
(This is from Tulane University researchers!)
3.     Taming Tummy Troubles...
It’s those antioxidants again!
They’re found in the cocoa. 
They “bind and inhibit a protein
in the intestines that causes diarrhea”!
4.     Sunscreen
Ok – the ‘real’ sunscreen is still needed
But apparently,
flavanol-rich chocolate
(mostly found in the dark stuff)
 may help fight against those nasty UV rays.
 
I love it when the good stuff
is made out to be good stuff!
 
 
(by the way...
the source was a Fitness Magazine!)

2 comments:

snofridandbeyond said...

Cough cough cough!! Typed as I just finished a Tim tam!

The Hairy Cow said...

About to go get myself a piece or two of chocolate - would hate to get diarrhea!