Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Midnight Madness

Recently, I jumped from my comfort zone and joined Toastmasters. I've been a member for the last six months. I have learned to believe in my ability to hold other people's attention while giving a speech. I've learned to rein in the nervous energy and use it to enhance my speech. I've noticed that people do actually listen when I speak - which isn't always the case for everyone... and I've met some very interesting and supportive people. I've even won a trophy or two! What I have trouble with is getting back into my comfort zone once the night is finished. Here I am - past midnight and work tomorrow - and sleep is so evasive that I have turned on the computer! I guess I could always plan the next speech...

1 comment:

Telela said...

It could be a lunar thing - I've had to get the book out the past two midnights. Good luck with the next speech.