Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Surprises

After being named the Toastmaster of the Year in my Club, word started to trickle through the people I work with. A few club members work with me.
I was still very surprised when one of the ladies I work with handed me this card, with a wonderful smile and words of congratulations.
Sometimes, you forget the little things...
Days follow the usual routine -get up, go to work, come home...
It didn't take much to surprise me out of my simple routine and bring a smile to my face.
And then, there was this...
A bunch of kids ran up to me, screaming my name. Turning, I noticed my Public Speaking students (who did a wonderful job in the Public Speaking Competition. One student even achieved the Highly Commended award.) With big grins, the students handed me a huge Thank You card and a great box of chocolates. Little things making a big difference.

2 comments:

Telela said...

And you said you were going home to plant your fruit trees... wih not a mention of chocolates lying in your car!

wenlenl said...

What a feel good way to be greated. Any chocolates left?